As the season nears its end, things are really starting to heat up for the boys at South Kent Selects Academy. Let’s take a look at a couple quick notes to see what’s been going on around campus in recent weeks.
- The U-18s claimed back-to-back USPHL playoff championships with a 3-1 win over the New Jersey Hitmen to close out the month of February.
- Four current Selects U-15 teammates participated in the Canada Games last month in Red Deer, Alberta with Ryan Greene (Newfoundland), Cam MacDonald (Nova Scotia), Oscar Plandowski (Nova Scotia) and Eli Barnett (New Brunswick) all being selected to represent their respective provinces in this showcase of some of Canada’s top young athletes. Greene and MacDonald were also named captains of their teams for the event.
- ‘14 alum Chase Priskie scored his 39th career goal for Quinnipiac; that puts him first all-time in program history for most goals scored by a defenseman.
- He was also named a finalist for the Senior CLASS award, given to an NCAA Division-I senior with notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.
- ‘18 alum Joel Farabee is heating up for Boston University, having record points in eight of the Terriers’ last 10 games. The 2018 first-round draft pick of the Philadelphia Flyers leads his team in scoring and is second among freshmen in the country.
- Penn State sophomore Alex Limoges leads his team with 17 goals and 41 points as the Nittany Lions head into the Big Ten tournament. The ‘15 alum has mounted a 19-game point streak in conference play.
- Yale senior and ‘13 alum Joe Snively ends the season as the Bulldogs leading scorer. The forward totaled 14 goals and 32 points in 29 games during the ‘18-19 campaign.
- Shane Pinto scored his 20th goal of the USHL season for the Tri-City Storm. The ‘18 alum has 43 points in 43 games.
- Current U-18 defenseman Garrett Sundquist announced his commitment to Providence College. The 6-foot-3 Connecticut native is set to join the Friars in the ‘20-21 season.
Taking a peek ahead, all three teams will be in the Jr. B’s Spring Beantown Classic to begin the month of March. Plenty of our college alumni will embark on the NCAA tournament later this month as well. Want to learn more about our South Kent Selects Academy? Take a closer look at the program HERE.